P!nk

P!nk
Glitter in the Air

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What's 'right' vs. what's 'best' ...

My last entry brought another thought to me: Is what is right the same as what is best?? I'm not sure anymore... When we make decisions, should it be on what is right or what is best? I think that sometimes what is best will lead to the most happiness... but what is 'right' is more ethical... So if I'm saying to find the most happiness you can... should you do what is best for your happiness? or what is 'right'? Of course sometimes there is a line. If you successfully can rob a bank and that will make you happy... what is 'right' should rule over what is 'best' ... cuz obviously you should never rob a bank.... but when it's smaller things... I use to always lean towards what is 'right', but I don't know anymore... I think that maybe there isn't any point in doing what is 'right' morally if it's going to create the lesser amount of happiness. If somebody hurts you, and you don't think that they deserve to be forgiven because they've done you so wrong... should you get past that and forgive them because it will create both of you way more pain to lose them? Or should you not forgive them because maybe it would be disrespecting yourself if you did, and that wouldn't be 'right'? ... I'm all about respecting myself and have always said to do what's 'right' ... But maybe forgiveness is what's right?? Maybe you need to forget your pride for a bit and just forgive... or maybe that's just what's 'best' ... I don't know any more... will have to contemplate this some more... Thoughts??

No comments:

Post a Comment