P!nk

P!nk
Glitter in the Air

Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Swing of Things


So after a week of having this blog I am finally actually writing... that is what this is for, isn't it? So lets hit the basics. The past year has been a huge turning point for me. A good turning point, but also leaving me... quite lost. In the midst all off my 'changing' ... but more of 'discovering' than actual changing. I have become very fond of thinking. Thinking - we all do it, but there are sooo many different levels of thinking, and I can say I have reached a very good-advanced-painful level of thinking. Good, because I get so much pleasure out of all my new opinions and - even more - questions I've developed. Advanced, because I have finally escaped from the bubble you get forced into through society of focusing on yourself and doing everything the way you're 'supposed' to (we'll get more into that later), and instead, now focus my thoughts on everything in the world, and why it is the way it is. And painful, because the would outside that bubble is not very pretty.

I owe my 'escape from my bubble' to Pink - no, not the color - the singer/performer/most incredible person alive (who I'm sure I will reference quite often). I also owe it to a very good friend I have met because of Pink, and a book "Anam Cara" by John O'Donohue, which the same very good friend recommended I read. - In the end, my self-discovering would not have occurred if it weren't for the amazing influence of Pink (and my slight - but in reality not-so-slight obsession I have for her)... Who can blame me? I just explained that she is the reason for my self-discovery.

Enough rambling for the day... Follow me if you're up for questioning the world - however, if you're still stuck in that bubble, that many people can't seem to ever escape - this may not be the blog for you. :)

1 comment:

  1. Mel every thing u said is sooo! true i loved reading it ,we r not all perfect and if u asked p!nk she would say hell no,I'm sure.she is an angel 2 us she has the strength,but she mucks up 2 sometimes and tells us it's ok.well done i loved it Gailxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete