P!nk

P!nk
Glitter in the Air

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Power of Love

I keep writing posts and then it takes me forever to post them.. in this case almost a month.

Recent events have led me to contemplate love, true love. What it is, how strong it is, what it should be able to overcome, if it is all you need, if it's enough. What I do know, is we aren't supposed to find the answer to all these questions. Love is the most powerful thing in the world. It's what you make it to be. Throughout life peoples perception on love will change, there's no right answer, but each person is able to come up with their own beliefs about it, and we can discuss it, and take peoples thoughts about it, to form your own strongest, most thought out belief of the strength of love and what it should overcome.

Weeks ago, when my friend and her fiance broke up, I was talking to my girlfriend (current ex. we're working on things) about love. I was saying how I wondered if love should be enough to overcome everything else. Or if love wasn't always enough, if you can truly be in love but there's so much other shit that sometimes loving someone means you have to let each other go. I was leaning towards true love being enough. She said the same. Now I'm at a point where depending on what happens with us, my view may alter, maybe for a while, maybe forever. It's allowed. As much as I love getting into my own personal life, I'll stop here, and spare you all the little details of my own relationship. Otherwise this already long post will become a whole book that no one will care to read.

Right now, I still believe in true love. I believe that true love is strong enough to overcome everything else. I don't believe in falling out of love. That is a belief of mine that has never altered. I believe that there are two main parts of loving someone, which are obviously tied together but both are needed for survival. One part is caring for them in a way that is so pure and real. You want to be the one to protect them, the one they lean on, the one that believes in them and never gives up on them. The other part is loving who they are, the deepest parts of them, the beauty in their soul. Now with this, I think the little things matter too but everyone is going to have something they view differently, and disagree on and with love, I think acceptance also plays a huge role. I think for true love to conquer all, you have to let it. If you let those little disagreements over-power love, that it's not necessarily not true love, it's a weakness. Love is the best thing in the world, it brings the most happiness, safeness, deepness. I think it's important to in the midst of whatever stress, tension, or disagreement come your way, to just stop for a second, hold each other, breath, and know that because you have each other everything else will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment